Steel Detailer / Designer
The Steel Detailer/Designer will work under the guidance of the Project Leader or the Steel Design Supervisor in the development of fabrication details for structural steel components associated with glass furnace, building, and ancillary system designs. Detailer must be very familiar with fabrication detailing as guided by AISC standards, as well as general steel design and drafting standards. Ability to clearly communicate fabrication details is a must. Individuals with experience in designing/detailing/checking heavy structural steel systems for industrial or large scale architectural designs will likely qualify for this position.
- Experienced with both structural and miscellaneous steel components and assemblies (e.g. stairs, ladders, platforms, and handrail).
- Minimum 7 years experience preparing design drawings with sizes specified by engineer.
- Minimum 5 years experience preparing erection and shop fabrication drawings per AISC standards.
- Minimum of 5 years experience using AutoCAD, including at least 2 years using AutoCAD 2010 or newer.
- Experience with glass melting furnaces a plus but not required.
- Have a clear understanding of the various forms and shapes in which structural steel is available.
- Experience designing both bolted and welded connections.
- Familiar with advanced bills for mill ordering.
- Familiar with OSHA requirements.
- Capable of calculating weights of finished members.
- Capable of preparing a field bolt list.
- Capable of working in both English and metric units.
- Experience with foreign steel shapes a plus.
- Knowledge of shop operations and fabrication practices a plus.
- Under the direction of a supervisor and team leader will prepare structural layouts for a glass melting furnace on AutoCAD from a scope of work and reference drawings.
- Prepare shop fabrication drawings on AutoCAD from structural layouts including weight of finished members (reference drawings will be provided).
- Must be able to perform independently on most assignments.
Will report to Steel Design Supervisor, and work under the guidance of the Steel Design Team leader. Designer will receive technical assistance on design criteria and concepts for glass melting furnaces from the Steel Design Team leader and the Project Manager.
If you are interested in a career opportunity, please forward your resume with salary history to: email@example.com