Senior Designer - Electrical Systems
The most advanced position for non-degreed electrical designer. Persons at this level are technical experts of considerable experience and proficiency with comprehensive mastery of electrical design concepts.
- Associates Degree or graduation from an acceptable technical program
- Minimum 10 years experience or high school diploma and at least 10 years of job related experience.
- Must have advanced knowledge of electrical design principles and be able to apply sophisticated methods to complex situations.
- Minimum five (5) years AutoCAD experience required, including 2 years experience with version 2010 or later. Experience in AutoCAD MEP package and Inventor a plus.
- Controls knowledge a plus.
- Carry out system analysis and design activities for complicated and unique electrical design projects from general specifications, drawings or instructions.
- Develop design/layout drawings for panels, MCC, cable routings, etc. for power distribution systems associated with glass furnace and batch plant systems and ancillary devices.
- Generate bills of materials and specifications for power system and distribution components.
- Evaluate existing electrical systems and components for suitability of use, current code conformance, and design improvements associated with upgrading/repair/replacement of existing systems.
- Generate engineering, material, and labor estimates for upgrades, repairs and greenfield power installations.
- Supervise the work of junior designers, designers, detailers or drafters and trains others.
- Assumes some responsibility for technical accuracy and constructability of finished designs, while still under general supervision of an engineer.
- Determines how complex control systems should function, lays out initial design concept and determines drawing standards and does detailed comprehensive checking of designs/drawings.
- Uses computer aided design/engineering methods to accomplish above duties.
Reporting and Technical Assistance:
Will report to Electrical Engineering Manager. Will work cooperatively with client or design authority as to results expected, but generally performs assignments independently with minimal supervision/contact.
If you are interested in a career opportunity, please forward your resume with salary history to: email@example.com