Mechanical Piping Designer
Mechanical Piping Designer will work under the guidance of the Project Manager or Mechanical Engineering Manager in the development of layouts, details, specifications and material lists associated with the design of piping systems for fuel oil, cooling water, compressed gases (including oxygen, hydrogen, nitrogen, natural gas, air), and control system piping. Individuals with experience in the design of heat treatment furnaces, incinerators, combustors, metal production furnaces and similar backgrounds will have relevant experience.
- Minimum 5 years experience with designing piping systems, including the preparation of layouts/design drawings, fabrication and erection details. Pipe sizing specified by engineer.
- Minimum 5 years AutoCAD experience with version 2007 or later; and a minimum of 2 years experience using version 2010 of later, Experience using MEP and Inventor design software a plus.
- Minimum 3 years experience checking designs, layouts, shop details, erection drawings and material list.
- Ability to travel (up to 10%)
- Glass melting furnace and glass batch plant experience a plus.
- Ability and experience to produce piping design drawings with sizes as specified by Project Manager or design authority.
- Has sufficient knowledge and familiarity with mechanical design principles to be able to address a wide range of situations.
- Understanding of gas safety requirements sufficient to recognize need for application of code design principles/requirements a plus.
- Knowledge of shop operations and fabrication practices a plus.
- Experience designing both bolted and welded connections.
- Capable of calculating weights of finished members/components.
- Capable of working in both English and metric units required.
- Experience with glass melting furnaces a plus but not required
- Experience in pump sizing/specification, safety system, pressure loss calculations a plus.
- Under the direction of a supervisor will prepare a complete design of pipe systems for a glass melting furnace from a scope of work and reference drawings.
- Under the direction of the Project Manager or design authority, designer will design, produce and check drawings of schematics, physical layouts and details. Preparation of Bills of Material will also be included.
- Should be able to insure that the designs provide the best combination of technical accuracy and practical application.
- Should be able to coordinate work with other disciplines (civil, structural, refractory and sheet metal).
- Must be able to perform independently on most assignments.
Will report to Mechanical Engineering Supervisor. Will receive technical assistance on design criteria and concepts from Project Manager or design authority.
If you are interested in a career opportunity, please forward your resume with salary history to: email@example.com