The most advanced position for non-degreed electrical designer. Persons at this level are technical experts of considerable experience and proficiency with comprehensive mastery of electrical design concepts.
- Minimum 10 years experience in industrial power distribution.
- BSEE Degree preferred. Alternative qualifications include a minimum 10 years experience and Associates Degree or graduation from an acceptable technical program.
- Minimum five (5) years AutoCAD experience with version 2007 or later, including 2 years experience with version 2010 or later. Experience in AutoCAD MEP package and Inventor design software a plus.
- Must have advanced knowledge of electrical design principles and be able to apply sophisticated methods to complex situations.
- Controls knowledge a plus.
- Experience in glass plant design and electric boost a plus.
- Design plant power distribution systems starting at the incoming power supply from the utility department and continuing through the unit substations located within the plant.
- Design Low voltage power distribution from in plant unit sub stations continuing through power distribution panels and motor control centers.
- Specify and write up all bills of materials and equipment specifications required for the above mentioned power distribution systems.
- Must be familiar with coordination, load, capacity, fault, studies, as well as, arc flash labeling. Current code knowledge is required.
- Develop single line diagrams, load and cable schedules and demolition drawings, and oversee these tasks as executed by others.
- Supervise the work of junior designers, designers, detailers or drafters and trains others.
- Assumes some responsibility for technical accuracy and constructability of finished designs, while still under general supervision of an engineer.
- Determines how complex control systems should function, lays out initial design concept and determines drawing standards and does detailed comprehensive checking of designs/drawings.
- Uses computer aided design/engineering methods to accomplish above duties.
Reporting and Technical Assistance:
Will report to Electrical Engineering Manager. Will work cooperatively with client or design authority as to results expected, but generally performs assignments independently with minimal supervision/contact.
If you are interested in a career opportunity, please forward your resume with salary history to: firstname.lastname@example.org