Civil / Structural Engineer
The Civil Structural Engineer position will be responsible for the design of foundations, support steel, and structural steel associated with the glass furnace, batch plant and surround structures. This position will provide design guidance to the steel design group, including beam sizing, specialized connection details, design of modifications to existing structures, as well as supporting design calculations and analysis.
- BS degree in civil or structural engineering
- A minimum of 5 to 10 years of pertinent work experience designing structural steel systems
- Professional engineering license a plus; ability to qualify for PE within 4 years.
- Minimum 5 years AutoCAD experience, including 2 years experience with version 2010 or later. Experience using Inventor design software a plus.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally (up to 25%)
- Glass plant and melter design/operation experience a plus.
- Associates degree in Engineering Technology or similar program a plus.
- Ability and experience to conduct and direct the development of design/layout drawings, detail/fabrication drawings, material lists, and component and material specifications.
- Ability to conduct formal structural analysis, including all calculations suitable for review/verification by others. Calculations will be retained as formal record of design fitness.
- Ability to develop scope of work documents, engineering/material/construction estimates.
- Ability to communicate with client to determine client requirements and identify areas to improve client process and experience.
- Capable of working in both English and metric units.
- Knowledge of field and shop operations required.
- Experience with glass melting furnaces highly desired, including cullet handing systems.
- Must be able to lead technical aspects of the design and design execution for a team of six-eight designers and draftsmen.
Depending on experience level and educational background, the Structural Engineer- Civil / Structural Design will be involved in or be trained in:
- Design of structural foundations and structural steel as required for glass furnace, batch systems and facilities construction, including sizing and specification of structural members and miscellaneous steel
- Development of steel construction drawings using AutoCAD and Inventor
- Assisting in technical support of TECO’s international operations and projects
- Development of engineering estimates
- Assisting in all aspects of glass furnace project implementation
- Coordinating structural steel engineering activity with other disciplines.
- Construction troubleshooting and field engineering
Will report to Engineering Manager, and will provide direct project support to Senior Project Manager, Structural Engineering.
If you are interested in a career opportunity, please forward your resume with salary history to: firstname.lastname@example.org