Batch Plant Project Leader
Category: Batch / Material Handling
Batch Plant Project Leader will serve as the design authority on projects related to greenfield batch plant design/construction, rebuild/major repair projects, cullet system design/repair, and batch plant audits and process evaluations. The Design Project Leader will supervise the work of design team, assist in development of project scopes and budgets, and provide field assistance as required. Individuals with experience in cement plant design, tile/ceramic/masonry product material handling, and similar material handling roles involving high volume abrasive materials will have relevant experience.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience with Raw Material Handling Systems (conveyors, elevators, pneumatic, etc.) specific to batch plants used in glass manufacturing.
- Minimum 5 years AutoCAD experience, including 2 years’ experience with version 2010 or later. Experience using Inventor design software a plus.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience checking design, layouts, shop details and material list.
- Ability to travel (up to 25%)
- Ability and experience to conduct and direct the development of design/layout drawings, detail/fabrication drawings, material lists, and component and material specifications
- Ability to conduct batch plant/cullet systems audits.
- Ability to develop scope of work documents, and engineering/material/construction estimates.
- Ability to communicate with client to determine client requirements and identify areas to improve client process and experience.
- Capable of working in both English and metric units.
- Knowledge of field and shop operations required.
- Experience with glass melting furnaces highly desired, including cullet handing systems.
- Must be able to lead technical aspects of the design and design execution for a team of six-eight designers and draftsmen.
- Oversee and execute (as necessary) the following:
- Development of design/layout drawings in AutoCAD following a project scope of work and using reference drawings. Ability to check/approve drawings.
- Development of detail/fabrication drawings in AutoCAD following layouts and using reference drawings. Ability to check/approve drawings.
- Preparation of material lists, component specifications, material specifications. Ability to check/approve material lists prior to procurement.
- Conduct batch plant audits and inspections at client sites.
- Inspection and approval of fabrications and components manufactured by subcontract suppliers.
- Process utilization studies including time cycle studies and process/control analysis for use as the basis of process upgrades and modifications.
- Generate scope of work, project estimate, and project schedule documents.
Will report to Mechanical Engineering Manager, with secondary reporting to the Project Manager.
If you are interested in a career opportunity, please forward your resume with salary history to: firstname.lastname@example.org