Raw Material Handling / Batch Plant Designer / Checker
Category: Batch / Material Handling
Raw Material Handling/Batch Plant Designer/Checker will work under the guidance of Project Manager or other design authority in the development of layouts, details, specifications, and material lists for the repair and/or construction of glass batch plant and cullet handling systems. Individuals with experience in cement plant design, tile/ceramic/masonry product material handling, and similar material handling roles involving high volume abrasive materials will have relevant experience.
- Minimum 5 years experience with Raw Material Handling Systems (belt and vibratory conveyors, elevators, pneumatic transport, weighing systems, etc.)
- Minimum 5 years AutoCAD experience with version 2007 or later; experience in Inventor a plus. Experience using AutoCAD MEP and Inventor design software a plus.
- Minimum 3 years experience checking designs, layouts, shop details and material list.
- Ability to travel (up to 25%)
- Glass melting furnace and glass batch plant experience a plus.
- Ability and experience to develop design/layout drawings at Project Manager’s direction.
- Ability and experience to develop detail/fabrication drawings.
- Ability and experience to develop material lists and associated specifications.
- Capable of working in both English and metric units.
- Knowledge of field and shop operations a plus.
- Must be able to perform independently on most assignments.
- Ability to assist in site inspections and equipment evaluations as required to develop scope of work for batch plant repair/rebuild.
- Under direction of the project engineer develop design/layout drawings on AutoCAD following a project scope of work and using reference drawings.
- Develop detail/fabrication drawings on AutoCAD following layouts and using reference drawings.
- Prepare material list and specification sheets.
- Check design/layout drawings generated by others for accuracy and compliance to the scope of work.
- Check detail/fabrication drawings generated by others for accuracy.
- Check material list prepared by others.
- Provide site assistance in the development of repair scopes for batch plant and cullet system repair/rebuilds.
Will report to Mechanical Engineering Manager or Batch Plant Project Manager (project specific). Will receive technical assistance on design criteria from Project Manager.
If you are interested in a career opportunity, please forward your resume with salary history to: email@example.com